Expedition - a journey or trip undertaken for a specific purpose (as in exploring).
What is expedition travel and how will I know if I'd enjoy it?
Take a moment and answer these ten questions:
- Are you looking for something different in a vacation?
- Would you enjoy traveling with a small group of people who share your interests?
- Are you looking for travel that combines fun, comfort, a sense of discovery and learning (no tests!)?
- Have you traveled extensively?
- Would you like to be an active traveler versus a passive traveler?
- Do you have an interest in history, culture, anthropology, archeology and/or wildlife?
- Do you want to travel off the beaten path without sacrificing comfort?
- Have you ever been on a cruise?
- Would you enjoy the opportunity to share with a child or grandchild a moment of discovery together?
- If you answered yes to one or more of the above questions - Then read on.
Walk the glaciers of Antarctica surrounded by penguins with Linblad Expeditions or National Geographic as your host. Take a Star Clipper ship under full sail to the sunny Mediterranean, to the exotic Far East or to the Caribbean. Micato and Travcoa offer exquisite itineraries to Africa where you are up close and personal with the wildlife whether staying in a lodge or tented camp. Study the Kodiak bears on one of the small Princess ships that cruises the Alaskan waterways on their new Connoisseur sailings. Or check out Costa Rica and the Galapagos Islands through Tauck Bridges who caters to multigenerational.
Expedition travel offers a different kind of travel experience; soft adventure, expert naturalists who will share their knowledge with enthusiasm with a few close friends. You and people like you. Expedition travel gets you up close and personal (most often you won't need binoculars to see the wildlife and flora).
If you want to just see the places expedition travel goes, you can stay home and watch the Discovery Channel. Why sit passively and watch when you can experience the wonder from Kayaking among icebergs to swimming with sea lions, which literally make stress an extinct species of emotion.
Beyond knowledge and an up close viewing experience you will also get good food without dressing up for dinner, and if on a ship designed for exploration, you'll find the cabins are adequate in size and very complete.
This is travel that takes you into nature, not just to a viewpoint for nature, while you seek beautiful off the "beaten path" spots. Where words like remote, pristine and wild help describe portions of our planet still. Where we get to see what we haven't yet seen, to learn and take back what we learned and enrich our understanding.
To request information or get price quotes, please contact our expedition specialist at email@example.com or 800-660-0828.
back to top